Welcome to the best source for forklift test questions and answers 2022. We are here to help you feel confident with forklift test questions and forklift theory answers so you can pass your forklift certification test with flying colours.
If you have your forklift certification test coming up, you have probably been studying many of the legislative laws. These laws surround forklift operations and all safety guidelines you must follow in the workplace.
To help you prepare, this is an overview of the forklift test questions most commonly answered incorrectly. To ensure you are prepared for the trickiest of questions, you should study this guide and the forklift theory test answers we have provided so you know what the curveballs on the test may be.
Counterbalance forklift theory test questions and answers can be tough on the test, but forklift theory is crucial for operators to understand.
Forklift Test Questions and Answers 2022
Forklift training questions and forklift test questions cover a wide range of information. To prepare you for the forklift questions theory test, try to memorize and understand these common test questions that many forklift drivers miss when trying to get their certification. These reach truck test questions and answers will be a massive help when the test rolls around.
Study the counterbalance forklift theory test questions and answers extra hard as they are super important when operating a forklift.
1. Before operating a forklift in a work environment, who does the operator need to get written authorisation from?
Forklift operators need to have written permission from their employer. Operating a forklift without written authorisation could result in termination and void your certification.
2. What is meant by the term “load centre”?
It is a measurement from the front face of the fork arms back to the centre of gravity of the load being carried by the forklift.
3. What is an approved code of practice?
This code is the practice of advising duty holders on complying with legislation. The approved code of practice ensures a safe working environment and knowledgeable forklift operators.
4. Concerning lift trucks, what does it mean to “free lift”?
Free lift is the distance the forks can raise up before the mast starts to extend. Free lift is crucial to understand and study because it will prevent tipping and hazardous forklift accidents.
5. When transporting a palletised load, how much back tilt is required?
The back tilt must be sufficient to cater for the type of load as well as the ground conditions. When determining tilt and load capacity, you always need to account for the environment the machine operates on.
6. A lift truck’s “rated capacity” applies when the mast is in what position?
When the lift truck is in the vertical position on a flat and level ground. The position means there is no slope or unevenness, and the surface the forklift is on does not have rocks or debris.
7. Who does Healthy and Safety legislation place responsibility on concerning safe working conditions?
Every single person on the working premises is responsible for safe operations. Everyone is held accountable for taking proper safety measures and operating machinery with caution.
8. Why should the forks/attachments face downhill when an unladen counterbalance is on an incline?
Facing downhill in this situation improves stability, traction, and adhesion.
9. Why is there an increased risk of the truck tipping forward when tilting a load forward at height?
The combined centre of gravity shifts forward, causing a tipping hazard that can lead to operator or bystander injury.
10. The job of enforcing the 1974 Health and Safety at work act is whose responsibility?
Health and Safety executives and local authorities are responsible for enforcing this act.
11. What must you do when approaching an intersection on a forklift?
Slow down and sound your horn before proceeding through the intersection.
12. How do you proceed when forward visibility is obstructed or blocked?
Drive the forklift in reverse if you have visibility in that direction. Certified forklift operators should be able to operate the machine just as well in reverse as they can when moving forward.
13. What is necessary before entering a railroad car or trailer on a forklift?
The trailer or railroad car is securely locked in place using wheel chocks.
14. What should your first concern be as a forklift operator?
A forklift operator’s first concern should be that the machine is in safe and proper operating condition.
15. What are three signs a forklift is not in safe working condition and must be retired?
- Leaks from the fuel system
- A spongy or squishy feeling brake pedal
- Exhaust fumes that make you feel sick
16. Is it easier to bring a forklift or an automobile to a complete stop, and why?
It is easier to bring an automobile to a complete stop because it weighs less than a forklift.
17. When driving on ramps with a grade of 10 percent or more with a loaded forklift, what direction should you carry the load?
In this situation, you need to carry the load uphill, even if that means driving in reverse.
18. When lifting a laden pallet, what should the forklift adjustment be set to?
The fork arms should be spread so the weight is distributed evenly on both forklift arms.
19. Why should you give sharp and short blasts when using the forklift horn?
One continuous honk will not garner as much attention to let people know you are coming.
What is the main purpose of the overhead guard?
To protect the forklift operator from falling boxes or other items that could cause injury.
Final Advice For Test Prep
These forklift training questions should be a huge help when you’re getting ready for your forklift questions theory test. Forklift test questions and answers 2022 focus on reach truck test questions and answers, so pay extra special attention to those during your study time. Keeping the forklift theory tests questions and answers in mind as you review your training material will make the real test much easier.
We hope this guide was informative and good luck with your certification test!
Of course, at Angus Lift Trucks we have ample experience in lift truck training courses in the UK and across the Midlands, in and around areas like Leicester, Nottingham, Northampton, Birmingham, Warwick, Derby, East & West Midlands. And, if you intend to buy a forklift, rent a lift truck, or service your forklifts in the UK, do get in touch with our team at Angus Lift Trucks
This post is also available in: Français Deutsch Italiano Português Español Български Hrvatski Eesti Latviešu Lietuvių Polski Português Русский Slovenčina Slovenščina Türkçe Українська Albanian Čeština Dansk Nederlands Ελληνικά Magyar Română